The Scoop on Protein Powders
The Scoop on Protein Powders
What is the best whey to know what type of protein powder works for you?
Lifestyle choices are the key! Choose the protein powder that fits your needs. Let’s take a closer look at six types of proteins:
- Brown Rice
First, some basic facts about proteins.
Next, a closer look at each type of protein:
Whey is a high quality and complex protein. When choosing a protein powder as a meal replacement, protein source or exercise recovery drink, whey can provide several health benefits.
Whey to go!
- Help your pancreas-produced insulin work more effectively, which helps maintain your blood sugar level after a meal
- Help to promote your optimal intake of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals needed for your overall wellness
- Support your immune system, as it contains immunoglobulins
- Help you preserve lean body tissue (particularly during exercise) as it delivers bio-available amino acids and cysteine
- Alpha-Lactalbumin – supports your immune system and may improve morning alertness
- Lactoferrin -helps regulate your intestinal iron absorption and promotes healthy cell growth
- Immunoglobulins – promotes your immune system and helps support your body’s natural detoxification processes
- Bovine Serum Albumin – provides a source of essential amino acids
- Natural Growth Factors in Whey – aids your system in cell rejuvenation, muscle recovery after exercise, and energy function
Tips for choosing whey protein:
Tip #1: Avoid artificial colors, flavors and sweeteners, growth hormones and GMOs.
Natural Factors Whey Factors is a pure source of high quality whey protein, with no added sugar that provides support for muscle development and repair as well as the immune system. BSE and rBGH free! (From cows that have not been treated with growth hormones). High in protein–15 grams per serving. Rich in glutamic acid and branched-chain-amino acids (BCAA). Provides beneficial whey protein microfractions including immunoglobulin and lactoferrin.
Tip #2: Double the action with Whey + Casein
Bluebonnet Nutrition Dual Action Protein Whey plus Casein is sourced from grass-fed cows in New Zealand that are not treated with antibiotics and recombinant bovine growth hormone. Additionally, Bluebonnet Nutrition Dual Action Protein Whey and Casein provides a dynamic blend of whey protein isolate and micellar casein that works throughout your workout and during the recovery phase at night.
No Whey? No Problem!
Plant proteins are a great alternative to whey. For vegans, or those looking for a non-dairy source, there are plenty of plant-based options. Keep in mind that plants are an incomplete protein, but can be combined for a full essential amino acid profile.
Tips for choosing plant protein:
Tip #1: Avoid artificial colors, flavors and sweeteners and GMOs.
Vega Protein & Greens Drink Mix Vanilla Flavor has 20 grams of multi source plant-based protein. Vega Protein & Greens Drink Mix Vanilla Flavor has 2 servings of greens made from 1.2 cups of alfalfa, spinach, broccoli and kale. Vega Protein & Greens Drink Mix Vanilla Flavor has only 110 calories, no sugar added and is Gluten-free. Vega Protein & Greens Drink Mix Vanilla Flavor is Non-GMO & Certified Vegan. Vega Protein & Greens Drink Mix Vanilla Flavor is made without dairy, soy, artificial flavors, colors & sweeteners.
Tip #2: Combine different plant sources for a complete protein
A Complete Protein Rich In Omega 3-6-9 (Pea, Hemp, Rice with Chia Seed). Life’s Basics Plant Protein provides a complete range of amino acids (complete protein) by combining pea protein isolates, organic Manitoba Harvest hemp protein powder, concentrated rice protein and chia seed powder. This unique vegan combination is rich in energy super food sources of amino acids, essential fatty acids, and fiber. Life’s Basics Plant Protein is great as an energy boosting protein source for everyday use.
PROTEIN PROMO CODE!!
That’s the scoop on protein! We have a wide selection of high quality, natural protein powders at Vitamin Mom. Currently, we are offering promo code ‘PROTEIN‘ for an EXTRA 15% OFF all protein powders!